Merced Main Campus
Ph.D. in English – University of California, Riverside
M.A. in English – San Diego State University
B.A. in English – University of California, Santa Barbara
Special Projects/Club Advisor
Gay-Straight Alliance Faculty Co-Advisor
List of Publications
“From ‘American Hemans’ to Global Savant: The Structure of Sentimental Cosmopolitanism in Pleasant Memories of Pleasant Lands.” Reconsidering Sigourney: Essays on Lydia Sigourney. ed. Mary Louise Kete & Elizabeth Petrino. Amherst, U of Massachusetts Press, forthcoming 2017.
“‘The Sentiment of Rationality:’ William James and the Sentimental Tradition.” William James Studies. Forthcoming, 2017.
"Pragmatism, Feminism, and the Sentimental Subject.” Transactions of the C.S. Peirce Society: A Quarterly Journal in American Philosophy 50.2 (Spring 2014): 220-45. Project Muse. Web.
Secularizing Sentiment, Democratizing Virtue: A Genealogy of the Liberal Subject Over the Long-Nineteenth Century. Dissertation, University of California - Riverside, 2012. UMI, 2012.
“Haddock, Charles Brickett.” Dictionary of Early American Philosophers. ed. John Shook. Bloomsbury Publishing, 2012.
“Vethake, Henry.” Dictionary of Early American Philosophers. ed. John Shook. Bloomsbury Publishing, 2012.
“In Defense of Trickster Fantasies: Comparing the Storytelling of Innocent IV and Gerald Vizenor.” The Intersection of Fantasy and Native America: From H.P. Lovecraft to Leslie Marmon Silko. eds. Amy H. Sturgis and David D. Oberhelman. Altadena, CA: Mythopoeic Press, 2010. 63-89.
- Co-authored the Basic Skills and Student Outcomes Grant application for Merced College (secured, $1.5 million)
- Dean's Distinguished Fellowship Award, UC Riverside, 2007-2012
- Chawton House Library visiting Fellowship, Chawton House Library, Chawton, Hampshire, UK, 2011
- University of Southampton visiting Fellowship, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK 2011
- Graduate Research Mentoring Program Diversity Scholarship, UC Riverside, Spring 2011
- Ph.D. Qualifying Exams, Passed with Distinction, Department of English, UC Riverside, 2010