We would like to introduce you to our Rising Scholars Program! Our program currently collaborates with Valley State Prison (VSP) and Central California Women’s Facility (CCWF) to expand opportunities and to build strong pathways from incarceration to academia. We understand that students who have experienced the criminal justice system can face significant barriers to academic and career success. We strive to eliminate these barriers and are dedicated to opening opportunity and academic achievement for those who have been system impacted.
We look forward to meeting you to discuss how the RIsing Scholars Program can assist you with your journey. Rising Scholars of Merced College is here to work with you towards success.
Rising Scholars Program Services
- Academic counseling with a counselor who has specialized experience working with system impacted students.
- Referral to campus and community resources.
- Assistance navigating Financial Aid.
- Private computer lab, free campus printing, and school supplies.
- Transportation and meal assistance as needed.
- Textbook assistance as needed.
- Skills building workshops, events, and field trips.
- A Rising Scholars Program stole at graduation.
As of today, our program offers over 20+ courses and serve 500+ students.
The College offers support to justice-impacted students through our Rising Scholars program.
Travis M HicksDean English Humanities & Library Services - Area 2Instruction
Jennifer J McBrideProfessor of EnglishEnglish
Marie N BruleyProfessor of MathematicsScience & Math DivScience Building
Melissa Cruz-MoralesShort-Term Temporary Classified Professional PositionsHuman Resources