What is California Virtual Campus?

Can’t find the class that you need to fill out your semester? Search through online courses offered by participating California Community Colleges.

How it Works

  • Search for online courses

    Find online courses at California Community Colleges other than your Home College.

  • Select your online courses

    Review online course information, share, and save for later.

  • Register for courses online

    Complete your online course registration and finish your general education requirements faster.

Everything you need to succeed

As a CVC Exchange student, you will be in our system with two email addresses.  The one you use primarily for your coursework through Canvas will be your home college email.  Your instructor may utilize tools within our system and that information would be emailed to your Merced College provided email.

  • You will access your Merced College course through your home college Canvas account.
  • Once logged in, you will see your Merced College course in the course navigation.
  • While you are in your Merced College course in Canvas, you have access to the online resources below through the Merced College Portal:
    • Online tutoring
    • Online library access
    • Course textbook information
    • Canvas Help
    • Help with technology tools for learning
    • Review Merced College’s Acceptable Use Policy
  • If you need help with course/educational planning, connect with a counselor at your home college.
  • If you need assistance accessing online services, contact the Student Help Desk, visit MC Portal Help, or call (209) 381-6565.

  • Visit Admissions & Records for contact information and office hours or email us at admissions@mccd.edu.
  • Include your name and Merced College Student ID number in every email.
  • If you have questions about your residency status at Merced College or believe there to be an error, contact your home school for more information.

If you receive academic accommodations (i.e., adjustments, auxiliary aids, or services) from the Disabled Students Programs & Services office at your home college, those services do not automatically transfer to Merced College courses. If you need an accommodation for your course, contact Disabled Students Programs & Services to apply. Please identify yourself as a CVC Exchange Student.

If you have been approved for or are eligible for federal financial aid at your home college, please contact the Financial Aid Office at your home college.

As a teaching school, students may still be eligible for a fee waiver. Most students qualify by applying for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or Dream Act. More information can be found on the financial aid webpages.

If you need help Contacting Student Fees Staff please visit our Student Fees webpage.

We look forward to supporting your success this semester!