Merced College offers the first two years of university study for a bachelor’s degree. Our international students tell us they enjoy their experience for numerous reasons. Among the reasons are that Merced College offers over eighty Associate Degree Programs, more than sixty certificate programs, transfer agreements and counseling to prepare you for your further studies, Intensive English Program (MCELI) and the wide variety of athletic resources.
There are many advantages of studying at Merced College.
- Unique Tri-College Center on campus includes University of California, Merced, California State University, Stanislaus and Merced College.
- Quiet, peaceful city (population 80,000) near San Francisco and Yosemite National Park
- Accredited with recognized academic excellence (ranks second among 107 California two year colleges on transfer grades)
- First two years of university work for Associate Degrees and/or transfer to Bachelor degree programs
- Transfer agreements with top universities (UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Merced, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, UC Santa Cruz, CSU Monterey Bay)
- Intensive ESL (Merced College English Language Institute) for below 450 Pbt/45 iBT TOEFL scores
- Intensive Certificate programs: Computers in Business, Medical Assistant, International Trade and 54 others
- Low tuition & Low living cost
- Smaller class size & Friendly professors
- Extensive sports complex: stadium, Olympic sized pool, 14 tennis courts, etc.
- Beautiful campus (269 acres – 120 hectares. 37 buildings)
- Homestay program is available
- Free e-mail and fax
- Free tutoring services
- Free specialized assistance from program officer
- Counselors available for international students
- Free non-credit classes for students registered full-time
- Extensive computer labs
- California offers a variety of spectacular local outings in close proximity to the city of Merced.
Merced College English Language Institute
We welcome students who need to strengthen their English language skills.
With its culturally diverse body of members, the International Club is a fun place to be.
Frequently Asked Questions
The deadlines are as follow:
|Fall Semester||June 15th|
|Spring Semester||November 15th|
|Summer Semester||April 15th|
Our application can be downloaded from our applications page.
If you are having trouble downloading the application, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The cost is for one year, not including summer is approximately $20,000**. This includes one year of health insurance ($1300), Books and supplies estimated at $75, and room and board ($20,000). The cost for room and board will vary depending on if the student participates in the Homestay Program, lives on their own or with roommates.
Please see our estimated fees & expenses page.
**Fees are subject to changes without notice. 2021-2022 current tuition fees are $307.00 per unit .
Merced College does not have scholarships for new students. However, we do offer a competitive tuition waiver scholarships for students who have completed successfully at least one academic semester.
You can look at the Merced College catalog online.
If you are interested in the housing/homestay program, please view information about Homestay.
For transportation options, see:
- TOEFL Paper-based Test: 450 / Internet Based Test: 45 to 46 or higher
- IELTS: 5 or higher
- We also accept Eiken: 2A or higher
General Information about Merced College
- School type: Community/two year college
- Enrollment: 11,000 full time students
- Campus Size: 267 acres
- Term Type: Spring and Fall Semesters with Summer Terms
- Degrees Offered: Associate Degree
- Offers 82 Assosicate degree majors
- Olympic sized pool, gym, football stadium and tennis courts
- Popular Majors to international students: Business Administration, Kinesiology, Liberal Arts, ,Social Behavior, Psychology, etc.
- Merced is known for its low cost of living, proximity to San Francisco, Monterey and Fresno and is home to the new UC Merced.
Visit The Following Web Sites For More Information On Our Area
Mayumi WoodStudent Support CoordinatorInternational Students