Attention: There have been changes to the RN Application process – click here to read the letter from the RN Program Director.
All individuals who meet minimum enrollment requirements are eligible to apply to the nursing programs. For students interested in applying to the Registered Nursing program, follow these steps:
Download and read carefully the Registered Nursing Application Handbook. The handbook describes application criteria and complete information on the selection process as well as the philosophy and objectives of each program. The handbook is extensive and may contain additional information not featured here.
The following links are examples which will assist you in successfully preparing an application for submission on Wednesday, February 27, 2019. DISCLAIMER: These are examples and meant for your reference only. Your completed application may appear different to these examples and may be more/less extensive.
Example - RN Re-Applicant (Applicants applying to the program a second, third or fourth time )
Example - New RN Applicant
Your entire application must be printed single-sided.
- Grid of Comparable Prerequisite Courses
- Point Criteria Summary/Merced College Registered Nursing Program Grid
- Merced College Mathematics Sequence 2018-2019
- GPA Calculator
- TEAS V Individual Performance Profile
- ATI TEAS Individual Performance Profile
Submit your application within the Application Window.
- Applications will NOT be accepted before or after the day & times noted -- for any reason.
- Applications will be accepted in February 2019, specific day & times will be posted on the Registered Nursing Application Handbook Cover page. Up to 60 students will be accepted for the next academic year (1/2 for Fall and 1/2 for Spring – based on grant funding).
- Old or outdated applications/forms will NOT be accepted! Applications are revised annually and will be available in November/December with a "revised [MONTH/YEAR]" watermark.
- Applications must be hand-delivered to the Allied Health Office, Room 126. Mailed applications will NOT be accepted and will be returned to sender.
- Applications must be complete without exception. Incomplete applications will be returned.
It is the student's responsibility to meet with a counselor at least one or two months before the application period if they have classes not listed on the grid. See page 28 of the RN application handbook.
LVN to RN applications are accepted at any time. Use the applications forms located within the Registered Nursing Application Handbook.
Click here for ATI TEAS Test Dates