The General Agriculture major is tailor made for students wishing to explore this diverse industry with a multitude of classes offered. A broad general agricultural background provides students with entry level employment opportunities and skills along with the ability to transfer to a college or university and continue their studies in a wide variety of agricultural fields.
- As an Enrichment Program – for those individuals who desire up-to-date information concerning agricultural livestock.
- Certificate of Completion Program – a program in which all course work is directly related to gaining employment.
- Associate Degree Program – advanced technical skills are developed along with general education.
- Transfer Program – formal education is continued at an advanced level in a four-year college or university.
Merced College offers the following degrees/certificates in Agriculture:
- General Agriculture (AA)
- General Agriculture (CT)
- General Agriculture: Advanced (AS)
- Agricultural Chemicals (CL)
A major in General Agriculture opens many doors for students in this area such as Agricultural Education, Agricultural Banking and Finance, Self-Employment in Agriculture, Wholesale and Retail Sales, Equipment
Service and Sales, Legislative/Administrative Services, Field Service Representative, and Pest Control Advisor.