How to Apply
Merced College welcomes your application as an international student. Our staff will make every effort to assist you.
Our admission requirements conform to the regulations of the U.S. Government for issuing F-1 student visas. If you have any questions regarding enrollment and/or completing the form, please contact our International Student Services Office at (209) 384-6229, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Application for International Students:
Get started on your Application Packet now.
|Application Deadlines for students outside the U.S.
|Fall Semester||June 15th|
|Spring Semester||November 15th|
|Summer Session||April 15th|
Please submit the requirements below. A transfer student from another college is required to submit the same documentation. A transfer clearance form (pdf) is required for the transfer students in order for us to issue an acceptance letter. The deadline for the transfer students is later than mentioned above. Please check with us for the application deadline.
- Complete Merced College International Student Application form online.
- A processing fee of $100.00 U.S. currency using the credit card payment form.
- An official affidavit of financial support to show proof (such as a recent bank statement referencing your parents or sponsor) that you have sufficient finances to pay for your tuition and living expenses for at least one year, $22,000 minimum. The minimum enrollment of 12 units, books, insurance and living expenses plus tuition and fees bring the typical student’s total costs to approximately $21,000 – $22,000 per calendar year.
- An autobiographical essay (approximately one page) that describes your education, special interests, reason for applying to Merced College, and your educational goals after completing your studies at Merced College.
- A letter of recommendation (academic) which supports your educational achievements and goals.
- High School Official records and transcripts translated into English, must accompany your application. Official college transcripts from all U.S. colleges or universities if you have previously attended.
- A complete health examination upon arrival. A signature from a physician is required and must include current immunization dates and verified tuberculosis (TB) clearance. Submit this report to the ISS office when you arrive at Merced College.
- Coverage for health insurance upon arrival. In the United States health care is expensive, and there are no free medical facilities. Merced College requires all International Students to have health insurance. Students must provide proof, in English, of existing health insurance which is equivalent to the Merced College supported International Student health and accident policy or purchase insurance through our office upon arrival. Proof of any existing health insurance must be provided before the time of registration. If you would like some insurance information, please contact us.
To be accepted for admission as an international student at Merced College, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English at a level that will allow you to successfully complete college work.
To verify your level, we ask to provide us a score of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 450 Paper-Based Test, or 45-46 on the Internet Based Test (the equivalent of ESL level 109), or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score 5.0 , or EIKEN 2A or better.
This requirement may be waived if you come from a country that uses English as the primary language in its educational system. See list of countries where TOEFL score may be waived.
Note: If your TOEFL score is less than 450(PBT)/45-46(iBT) you may register in Merced College English Language Institute (MCELI) classes.