Information for Foster Youth
The Financial Aid Office is committed to the success of current and former foster
youth. We provide a support system to help our students receive the financial aid
assistance they qualify for. The Foster Youth Liaison is located in the Financial
Aid Office on the 3rd floor of the Lesher Student Services Building.
- The FAFSA application is FREE! FREE! FREE!
- The March 2nd deadline is to be considered for the CAL GRANT.
- The FAFSA/CADAA can still be done after that date.
CHAFEE GRANT APPLICATION!
Chafee Foster Youth Eligibility Requirements:
- To qualify, you must meet the following criteria: Be a current or former foster youth who was a ward of the court, living in foster care, for at least one day between the ages of 16 and 18.
- If you are/were in Kin-GAP, a non-related legal guardianship, or were adopted, you are eligible only if you were a dependent or ward of the court, living in foster care, for at least one day between the ages of 16 and 18.
WE HAVE GONE PAPERLESS!!
How to Create your account:
This is a one-time account creation. You’ll be asked for some basic information when creating your account. This information is used to validate your identity so that your electronic signature can be used on future forms.
4 Easy Steps:
- Go to https://mccd.verifymyfafsa.com
- Log in w/ your MC Portal User Name & Password.
- Enter/Confirm your student information.
- Click ‘Create Account’ button.
Once your account is created, any required tasks you need to complete will become available to you. You’re able to take a picture and upload any documents needed.
For more information or questions, contact us at the FYSI Liaison below.
Financial Aid Technician