Who is eligible?

  • California residents or students who are eligible for AB540 or AB2000.
  • Complete the FAFSA or Dream Act application.
  • Enroll in 12 or more units.
  • Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress to receive Promise funding. 
  • Complete the MC4Free Commitment Contract

Next Steps

  • Complete the FAFSA or Dream Act application.
  • Complete the MC4FREE Commitment Contract.
  • Enroll in at least 12 units at Merced College.
  • Successfully complete 12 units each semester

Don’t forget to apply each year!

MC4FREE Commitment Contracts

If you want to check your eligibility stop by the FA Office in Merced or Los Banos campus, or schedule a navigate appointment.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes! If you took college classes prior to graduating high school, you will still be considered a full time student. 

Yes! Merced College is dedicated to the success of our students and will pay all enrolled units during your eligible academic year. 

Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to continue to receive the College Promise during their eligible academic year. Satisfactory academic progress is the completion of 50% of your enrolled classes with a minimum 2.0 GPA.