Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements
Students receiving financial aid must:
- Be enrolled in an eligible program leading to the completion of an AA/AS/AAT/AST degree or approved certificate. They must have a declared academic program on file with Merced College and have and follow an educational plan leading to the completion of their academic goal.
- Complete their educational objective within an allowable timeframe.
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 cumulatively.
- Must successfully complete at least 67% of all attempted units.
After each academic term, the Financial Aid Office reviews transcripts to determine if financial aid students are making satisfactory academic progress (SAP) toward their educational goals. Students who fail to meet SAP standards are placed on financial aid disqualification status.
Appeal Process for the Reinstatement of Financial Aid
Students who have been denied financial aid may appeal to have their financial aid reinstated.
To appeal for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
- Log into https://mccd.verifymyfafsa.com
|2019-2020 Appeal Deadlines|
|November 8, 2019||Deadline for Fall 2019 Financial Aid Appeals|
|April 9, 2020||Deadline for Spring 2020 Financial Aid Appeals|
|June 30, 2020||Deadline for Summer 2020 Financial Aid Appeals|
Your appeal along with all your documentation will go to the Appeals Committee, which will review all submitted information and make a decision. Students are notified by return mail.
It is the student’s responsibility to work toward removing himself or herself from disqualification status by improving his/her successful completion rate and maintaining an acceptable GPA. A student’s financial aid will be reinstated when either the student submits an appeal and the appeal is approved or the student removes himself or herself from appeal status by making satisfactory academic progress.
More Information on Satisfactory Academic Progress
Read more information on Merced College’s Satisfactory Academic Progress policies: