GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site.  (Active Duty)

  • Available for those who enlisted in the US Armed Forces with an Honorable Discharge
  • Completed High School or GED
  • Category I (from website)
  • Category II (from website)
  • Category III (from website)
  • Category IV (from website)

  • Received a discharge other than Dishonorable
  • Transitioning Servicemembers within six months prior to discharge from active duty
  • One year following discharge from active duty
  • Currently eligible for a VA education benefit
  • All current VA education beneficiaries

  • Served at least 90 aggregate days of active duty after September 10, 2001
  • Honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability after serving 30 continuous days following September 10, 2001
  • Percentage of benefit determined by length of service (Reserve)

  • Members of the Selected Reserve of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard, and the Army and Air National Guard
  • The Reserve or Guard component will code eligibility into the DoD personnel system to become eligible.
  • Incur a six-year Selected Reserve Obligation
  • Completed IADT (Initial Active Duty for Training)
  • Maintain Selected Reserve Status
  • Completed High School

  • Spouse, Son, or Daughter of a veteran who is connected to a permanent and total service disability
  • Missing in Action, died while on active duty or a result of a service-related condition
  • Died in line of duty (Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship, CH 33, Post 9/11)

  • Have a veteran who has a service-connected disability of 0% or higher
  • Plan A
  • Plan B
  • Plan C
  • Plan D

(More Information Coming)

***Question call VA Muskogee OK, 888-442-4551

Announcements & Upcoming Events

In order to utilize your GI Bill® Education Benefits and to notify the VA of your enrollment at Merced College, you must submit a new Certification Form each semester. You can access a semester request form by emailing our VA Certifying Official, Dustin Thompson ([email protected]) and requesting that the  form be sent to you via AdobeSign. 

The only classes you are authorized to take are those that are listed on your veterans student education plan. If you meet with another counselor who adds classes to your plan, please note those are not considered payable unless the Veterans Counselor has reviewed them and added them to your ed plan. To ensure that you stay on track to complete your educational goal in a timely manner it is recommended that you meet with the Veterans Counselor at least once a semester.  

Anytime you add or drop a class you will need to notify our VA Certifying Official, Dustin Thompson ([email protected]), as it could result in an overpayment that you will be responsible for paying back to the VA. 

You must maintain a 2.0 GPA to remain in good standing. Once you drop below a 2.0 GPA you will be placed on academic probation and the VA will be notified.  If you remain on academic probation for 3 semesters you will be dismissed from using VA benefits for a period of at least 1 semester.  Maintaining satisfactory progress is also important to maintaining financial aid eligibility.  

If you are using Chapter 30 or 1606 benefits you will need to verify your enrollment on the last day of instruction for each month. You can verify your enrollment by calling  1-877-823-2378 or by logging into the WAVE system at