Students, Staff & Faculty
Students, staff & faculty are welcome to connect personal devices to the campus wireless network by logging on with Merced College credentials.
Simply open the wireless network settings on your mobile device and look for SSID: “mccd-wifi.”
- In order to connect to the Wi-Fi, you may need to make sure the following authentication protocol is set:
1. EAP-PEAP (MSCHAPv2)
2. Do not validate security certificate.
3. The username and the password are the same as your MC Portal (without @campus.mccd.edu)
4. If you are a guest, username: Guestwifi; password: MCCDis#1
- If you are using G5 WiFi adapter, you need a domain in the settings. Use mccd.edu as the domain
- If it does not work still, you need to “forget” mccd-wifi in manage known networks and start all over again.
- If you are an employee of the district using a district-managed mobile device, please connect to SSID: “mccd-secure.”
Guests visiting our campuses may connect to “mccd-wifi” using the following credentials:
- For assistance please contact the staff helpdesk at (209) 384-6180 or email@example.com.
Tip: You may need to forget the wireless network and add it again:
Instructions for Windows 10 (the procedure is similar for other Operating Systems)
- Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click Network settings.
- Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
- Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete: mccd-wifi.
- Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.