Tuition-Free Truck Driving Course
Attendance to orientation session required
Students will learn the material necessary to successfully pass the DMV CLP test, which will include the option for multiple Class A endorsements. In addition, students will gain knowledge and develop additional skills necessary to become a professional truck driver. *Students must be at least 18 and must have had a driver’s license for at least a year.
The next course will take place in Fall 2024. It will be divided into two mandatory parts.
Mandatory Part 1: TRK-769 Permit Training (2 weeks). Location 630 W 19th St. Merced, CA 95340
Mandatory Part 2: TRK-770 Behind The Wheel (8 weeks). Outdoor lab in Merced
- Classes Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
- Daily and punctual attendance required
- NO evening or weekend classes offered
- Must be at least 18 and must have had a driver’s license for at least a year (no exceptions)
- Must have a valid California driver’s license
- Students are responsible to verify directly with the DMV if with their driving record could apply for the CDL permit
- Class in English only
Although the course is tuition-free, students are responsible to pay for the requirements and DMV permits.
- Print out of DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) Driving Record
- DOT (Department of Transportation) Medical Exam Clearance
- Passed 5-panel Drug Test (due the first week of class to avoid its expiration)
*When applying for the Commercial Lerner’s Permit, the DMV (not Merced College) will require:
- Social Security Card
- Two forms of ID
- Marriage certificate (if married)
- Two bills with your address
- Birth Certificate (original) or 10-year Passport
DMV CLP, which will include the option for multiple Class A endorsements
Business Resource Center (BRC)
630 W 19th St. Merced, CA 95341
- The program will take about 10 weeks to complete
- Note: Those 10 weeks may not be consecutive
- The program is completely in-person and students are required to attend all classes during all weeks
- Classes are from Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm at the BRC.