Basis Skills Development & GED Preparation
This 144-360 hours course is designed to build the basic academic skills of adult learners in the areas of reading comprehension, language and evidence-based writing, mathematical reasoning, life, physical, and earth sciences, and social science. Special emphasis is placed on analytical reading skills, problem solving, and test preparation. The content of this course is reflective all new modifications to the GED exam. Subject matter included are the areas covered by the GED exam such as science, social studies, literature, mathematics and writing.
*Students must be 18 years old and older to enroll.
Business Resource Center
630 W. 19th Street, Merced, CA 95340
- Classes are offered synchronously online and in-person
- Students have unlimited access to a free account in Aztec (software that helps them prepare to take the official tests)
- Access to check out GED-preparation books (English or Spanish) from our noncredit library
- Free vouchers to pay for the official tests
- 24/7 tutoring services via their Canvas shell