Order Official Transcripts Online

Current students

A current student means you are actively enrolled in the current term.

You can order official transcripts or track the status of an order.

Former/Alumni students

You can order official transcripts or check the status of an order using this link or come by Admissions & Records on the 2nd floor of the Lesher Building to request a copy.

Order Unofficial Transcripts

Current students

You can login to your MC Self-Service account to view and print a PDF of your unofficial transcript.

Former/Alumni students

You can request an unofficial copy by emailing [email protected] through your MC student email account or the personal email address on file in your student record.

Please allow 5-10 business days for your order to be completed, unless opting for an additional “Priority Processing” fee, which would have your transcripts ready to be sent or picked up the following business day.

Priority Processing does not apply to electronic transcripts. Electronic transcripts are sent to the recipient within the same day.

Picking up Transcripts

Students can pick up transcripts on the Merced Campus in Admissions & Records on the 2nd floor of the Lesher Building. If you would like to request your transcript be sent to the Los Banos Campus, Building A, for pick up, please contact [email protected] or call 209-386-6620.

If you are picking up your official transcripts, be sure to note the following:

  • Bring a valid form of photo identification.
  • If someone other than you is picking up your official transcripts, be sure to complete an Authorization to Release Student Information, found on our forms page, in order to allow them to pick up your records. They will need to bring photo identification matching their name as provided on the release of information. Your signature will be verified at the time of the submission of the signed document. If no signatures on file match the signature on the release of information, the authorized individuals will not be issued your records. For this reason, we encourage you to fill out the release of information in the presence of a staff member.


Submitting Transcripts

Official sealed transcripts from other schools may be submitted in an official, sealed envelope from the other institution.

We accept official transcripts from the following  Regional Institutional Accrediting Organizations:

  • Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC)
  • Higher Learning Commissions (HLC)
  • Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
  • New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
  • WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)

Submit by mail or in person to:

ATTN:  Admissions & Records
Merced College
3600 M Street
Merced, CA 95348

We also accept official electronic transcripts from Credential Solutions, Scrip-Safe, National Student Clearing House, and Parchment.  Please have electronic transcripts sent from the service provider directly to [email protected].

Submitted transcripts may take up to 30 days to be evaluated.  If you have questions about a submitted transcript email Admissions at A&[email protected].

Only lower division credit will be accepted provided the institution offering the courses accepts them towards its own degree.  Institutions must be listed as being fully accredited by one of the regional institutional accrediting organizations that are recognized by the United States Department of Education.  Transcripts submitted to Merced College become the property of Merced College and cannot be returned or forwarded to another institution.

Merced College does not evaluate international transcripts until they are evaluated by ERES- Educational Records Evaluation Service- an international transcript evaluation service recommended by Merced College.  ERES order forms are available in the Admissions office or online at www.eres.com.  Students should indicate on their ERES order that they would like a “Course Listing.”  The cost of the ERES evaluation is the responsibility  of the student.

The Admissions Office will only consider lower division courses recommended by the ERES service.  Course descriptions in the native language, catalog information, or relevant syllabus must be provided by the student for courses that they would like reviewed and submitted to the Admissions Office.  Discipline faculty will review and provide a report to the Admissions office when their analysis of coursework is complete.  This may take 60-90 days.  All evaluated coursework will be scanned to the students record and be available for review and course planning with their counselor.

As international transcripts do not have the California Course Identification Numbering System (C-ID) or general breadth articulation with the CSU/UC, students wishing to use these courses to fulfill an ADT- Associate Degree for Transfer should file a general petition for general breadth exceptions or a course substitution for exceptions to the major core requirements (BP/AP 4227).