Los Banos Ceremony
Congrats MC Class of 2023!!
Congratulations on your academic achievements! We look forward to celebrating you. We are proud to soon welcome you to our alumni family and encourage you to stay connected with our Alumni Association.
2023 Graduation Live Stream
Can’t make it to graduation in-person, but still want to cheer on your graduate as they receive their diploma? We will be hosting the ceremony on live stream! The video stream will begin at 6:00pm Thursday, May 25.
|Dates – 2023|
|January 17 – March 17||Please visit the Apply for Graduation page to learn more about the process and ensure you meet all of the requirements.
The 2023 Graduation application window is closed.
|April 17 – May 25||Purchase cap/gown/tassel sets at the Merced College Bookstore. You can have your cap and gown delivered to the Los Banos Campus for pickup until May 23.|
|Wednesday, May 3||Final day to access MarchingOrder|
|Wednesday, May 24||Commencement rehearsal at 4:30pm.|
|Thursday, May 25||5:15 pm | Arrive for check-in
6:00 pm | Ceremony begins
Practice will last less than one hour. Do not bring your cap and gown to practice. If you are not able to attend practice, you will still be allowed to walk in the ceremony, but it is highly advised you participate in this practice.
- Graduates will begin lining up in A109 and the Library starting at 5:15 pm. You will be informed of which location to go to when you arrive. Entrance for guests opens at 5:15 pm. The ceremony will last approximately 2 hours. Tickets ARE NOT required. If you are not able to attend, you do not have to notify anyone.
- Please note that parking is limited. Although we do not require parking passes, we highly encourage ride sharing when possible.
- You will be given a name card at check-in before the ceremony as this is how they will announce your name. Be dressed in your cap and gown when you arrive (see Cap/Gown information below). Gowns must be fully zipped up during the ceremony. We do not provide any pins, needles, thread, bobby pins, or extra tassels and are unable to hold anything for you that night (i.e., purses, flowers, sweaters, children, etc.).
- Students who need assistance during the commencement line must identify themselves at/by practice if they have not. If physical assistance is needed, they may bring a guest to assist them in the process. This must be a family member or friend, since staff are not available to provide physical accommodation for the evening.
- Caps, gowns, and tassels are available for purchase from the Merced College Bookstore in Merced or online. You may also purchase diploma covers. The last day to order for home shipping is May 15, 2023.
- If you are unable to purchase a cap & gown, please contact Raul Alvarez for assistance via email at email@example.com.
If you did not receive Honors and you feel you should have, please refer to the 2022-2023 Merced College catalog for exact honors calculation information. If you still feel you should be granted Honors, please see your Evaluator in the Admissions Office or email an evaluator: Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org students H-O or email@example.com students A-D, P-Z, Nursing.
- PTK members pick up your honor society stole from Professor Caitlyn Serpa.
- AGS members pick up your honor society stole from Professor Jennifer McBride.
- MILITARY PERSONNEL may pick up your stole which recognizes your military services from Dustin Thompson in the Veterans Resource Center.
[Note: Participatory membership in PTK, Lambda Nu, or AGS does not automatically entitle you to be awarded our institutional Honors or Superintendents Honors.]
- Campus Candids, a professional graduation photography company, will be at the ceremony to take a picture of each graduate as they receive their Certificate of Participation. The photographer will mail you a sample of the print and you will have the option of ordering directly from them. If you have questions regarding the purchase of Campus Candids photographs, please call 1-800-453-0335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to release your email address to their company and express your interest in purchase.
- Your family and friends WILL NOT be allowed on the field during the ceremony to take photographs.
This is an important ceremony; we encourage appropriate dress attire. Shoes are required to be worn by all graduates in the ceremony. We encourage flat heeled shoes as it is hard to walk on the grass or uneven ground in high heels.
- Do not bring air horns, lasers pointers or other devices into the stadium or onto the field. Do not bring balloons as they block visibility for attendees. Please make your guests aware of these rules.
- Police are on site in the event of an emergency. Please contact event staff for assistance or call 911 if an emergency should arise. Parking permits are not required the night of graduation.
- After the Spring 2023 grades are verified, degrees will be posted, and diplomas will be mailed out. Contact the Merced College Student Fees office (209-384-6212 or 209-384-6216) for payment information. All degrees and certificates will be mailed by July 15th.