Congrats MC Class of 2024!
Congratulations on your academic achievements! We look forward to celebrating you. We are proud to soon welcome you to our alumni family and encourage you to stay connected with our Alumni Association.
Can’t make it to graduation in-person, but still want to cheer on your graduate as they receive their diploma? We will be hosting the ceremony on live stream! The video stream will begin at 6:00pm Friday, May 24.
|Dates – 2024
|January 16 – March 15
|Please visit the Apply for Graduation page to learn more about the process and ensure you meet all of the requirements.
The 2024 Graduation application window is open until March 15, 2024.
|Thursday, May 23
|Commencement rehearsal at 5:30pm in the stadium.
|Friday, May 24
|5:15 pm | Arrive for check-in
6:00 pm | Ceremony begins
When you arrive, please sit on the home side of the stadium. Practice will last less than one hour. Do not bring your cap and gown to practice. If you are not able to attend practice, you will still be allowed to walk in the ceremony, but it is highly advised you participate in this practice.
- Graduates begin lining up at the baseball field at 5:15 pm. Main gates for guests open at 5:15 pm. The ceremony will last approximately 2 hours. Tickets ARE NOT required. If you are not able to attend, you do not have to notify anyone.
- You will be given a name card at check-in before the ceremony as this is how they will announce your name. Be dressed in your cap and gown when you arrive (see Cap/Gown information below). Gowns must be fully zipped up during the ceremony. We do not provide any pins, needle, thread, bobby pins, or extra tassels and are unable to hold anything for you that night (i.e., purses, flowers, sweaters, children, etc.).
- Students who require assistance in the commencement line will need to identify themselves at/by practice if they have not done so already. They may bring one escort to assist them in the process. This may be a family member as staff are not available to provide physical accommodation for the evening.
- Caps, gowns, and tassels are available for purchase from the Merced College Bookstore in Merced or online. You may also purchase diploma covers. The last day to order for home shipping is May 15, 2023.
- If you are unable to purchase a cap & gown, please contact Raul Alvarez for assistance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you did not receive Honors and you feel you should have, please refer to the 2022-2023 Merced College catalog for exact honors calculation information. If you still feel you should be granted Honors, please see your Evaluator in the Admissions Office or email an evaluator: Robert.email@example.com students H-O or firstname.lastname@example.org students A-D, P-Z, Nursing.
- PTK members pick up your honor society stole from Professor Caitlyn Serpa.
- AGS members pick up your honor society stole from Professor Jennifer McBride.
- MILITARY PERSONNEL may pick up your stole which recognizes your military services from Dustin Thompson in the Veterans Resource Center.
[Note: Participatory membership in PTK, Lambda Nu, or AGS does not automatically entitle you to be awarded our institutional Honors or Superintendents Honors.]
- Campus Candids, a professional graduation photography company, will be at the ceremony to take a picture of each graduate as they receive their Certificate of Participation. The photographer will mail you a sample of the print and you will have the option of ordering directly from them. If you have questions regarding the purchase of Campus Candids photographs, please call 1-800-453-0335 or email email@example.com to release your email address to their company and express your interest in purchase.
- Your family and friends WILL NOT be allowed on the field during the ceremony to take photographs.
- Do not bring air horns, lasers pointers or other devices into the stadium or onto the field. Do not bring balloons as they block visibility for attendees. Please make your guests aware of these rules.
- Police are on site in the event of an emergency. Please contact event staff for assistance or call 911 if an emergency should arise. Parking permits are not required the night of graduation.
This is an important ceremony; we encourage appropriate dress attire. Shoes are required to be worn by all graduates in the ceremony. We encourage flat heeled shoes as it is hard to walk on the grass or uneven ground in high heels.
- After the Spring 2023 grades are verified, degrees will be posted, and diplomas will be mailed out. Contact the Merced College Student Fees office (209-384-6212 or 209-384-6216) for payment information. All degrees and certificates will be mailed by July 15th.
- ADA/Handicap seating is available on the upper tier of the stadium (Merced Campus) It will be marked as reserved if students have guests that need this accommodation and have requested this to Raul Alvarez via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25th, 2023. General seating is limited and cannot be reserved.
- The Parking Lot P5 & P6 will have designated Disabled parking.