The Los Banos Campus Library of Merced College is located within the Student Services building (A-121). We are a modest library with enough services, materials, technology, and media resources to support Merced College’s Institutional Learning Outcomes (SLOs). This is the perfect space for students to work on their assignments in peace, who are supported by a down-to-earth library staff and faculty librarians.
Learn to cite your sources in various formats such as: APA, MLA, and Chicago.
What is available at the Los Banos Campus Library?
- Research support for students, staff, and faculty
- Course-integrated research instruction
- Access to print and online information resources, Wi-Fi, computers, and printing stations
- Two rooms for studying, reading, and collaborating on projects
- Current Merced College students, staff, and faculty have access to 80 databases to find eBooks, full-text articles, and streaming videos. Additionally, across both campuses, the library provides access to over tens of thousands of print books and various newspapers, magazines, and journals.
- The LB library also has a collection of children’s and young adult’s books.
- We also provide TI-84 Plus calculators to students for one-week checkouts.
- Reserve textbooks are available for in-house use in the library. Please keep in mind that Los Banos only carries textbooks for courses offered at this campus. For reserve textbooks for Merced campus’s courses, please visit the Learning Resource Center.
More Library Resources
Read through more of our online resources and help on the Merced Campus Webpages.
Monday-Thursday: 8:00am-8:00 pm
The mission of the Learning Resources Center is to support Merced College’s Institutional Student Learning Outcomes and Strategic Planning Initiatives by providing resources and services to the students, faculty, and staff of the institution, and by serving as an intellectual resource for the academic community.
We want to formally and with great respect acknowledge that we are on the traditional lands of the Yokuts Nation. Merced College is built on the unceded ancestral lands of these indigenous tribes. Thank you for letting us honor them and give our thanks to their ancestors and descendants for their constant and careful stewardship of this land.
Adopted by the Academic Senate of Merced College on October 28, 2021 (Resolution No. 08-21)
The libraries in Merced and Los Banos have both Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and Service Area Outcomes (SAOs) that help support student success. These include the provision of:
- information literacy instruction that leads to student success across the curriculum.
- information resources that are of sufficient quality and quantity to augment course curriculum throughout multidisciplinary college courses.
- instructional support to faculty of sufficient depth and quantity to support curriculum.
- support for student academic success.
National Standards & Guidelines
The libraries in Merced and Los Banos adhere to national standards and guidelines for library services.
- American Library Association (ALA) Library Bill of Rights
- American Library Association (ALA) Code of Ethics
- Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education
- Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) Standard II.B.