Special Application Steps

Students in K-12 (Kindergarten through 8th grades, and in High School), must follow these steps to register for classes at Merced College.

  • 1 Apply for Admission

    The easiest way to apply for admission at Merced College is online:

    Or, you can download and print the paper Application for Admission (pdf) and drop it off in person to the Admissions & Records office. Be sure to bring a picture ID (such as a High School ID card) to Admissions and Records when you apply.

  • 2 Take the Assessment Test

    Are you taking an English or math class for the first time at Merced College?

    No, I've taken an English or math class at Merced College.     You do not need an assessment test.

    Yes, this is my first time taking an English or math class at Merced College.     You will need to take an assessment test.

    If you need to take an assessment test, here's what you should know about assessment testing at Merced College:

    • Take advantage of our English and math resources to prepare before testing.
    • You DO NOT need an appointment and there is NO FEE. Check the assessment schedule for times, locations & details before you arrive.
    • The Assessment test may be offered at your local high school campus. Check with a counselor.
    • You will need a Merced College Student ID card for assessment testing from the Admissions & Records office.
  • 3 Complete Forms

    Complete these forms:

    1. Permit for Special K-12 Students (pdf)
      • Parent and student complete top portion of the Permit for Special K-12 Students form, then take to K-12 designee for signature.
      • You must have one form for EACH class you wish to enroll in.
    2.  Schedule Request Form (pdf)
  • 4 Turn in Forms to Merced College to Register for Classes

    Once you've completed the forms in Step 3, make sure you do this next:

    1. Bring both forms to a Merced College counselor for signatures.
    2. Submit the completed forms to the Admissions & Records office
      • NOTE TO PARENTS: If you are submitting any paperwork for a student, you must have their permission to do so via this completed Authorization to Release Student Information form (pdf). The student must be present when turning in their initial application at which point permission may be granted to other parties to act on their behalf.
  • 5 Pay Fees

    Two Ways to Pay:

    1. Pay online. It's fast and secure.


    2. Pay in person at the Student Fees Office

Information for Parents

See Also: