To help ensure students take the right English and math courses, Merced College uses
a Placement Questionnaire (PQ) for course placement in English and Math. Most students
will immediately receive placement results based on their answers to the Placement
Questionnaire. The questions you will answer pertain to high school GPA, English and
math courses taken in high school, and grades in those courses.
We recommend you refer to your high school transcript to answer the questions accurately.
You can only submit the Placement Questionnaire once.
How to take the Placement Questionnaire:
- Find your high school transcript (Recommended for more accurate placement). See instructions
on how to obtain your high school transcript (pdf).
- Log into the Merced College Portal using your username and password, go to WebAdvisor for students, then Academic Profile,
then Placement Questionnaire (PQ). For help, view detailed instructions on how to log in (pdf).
- Open the Placement Questionnaire (PQ)
- Answer the questions to the Placement Questionnaire
- Check your responses for accuracy (Responses to the Placement Questionnaire will be randomly
verified using official transcripts.)
- Submit your responses at the end of the Placement Questionnaire by checking the confirmation
box and selecting on the "Submit" button.
Get Help with the Placement Questionnaire
Hands-on Help: You can go to the Welcome Center in the Lesher Building, Room 102 (lower level) for
assistance with the Placement Questionnaire. Please bring your high school transcript
(either official or unofficial) to answer the questions. View the contact page for
Welcome Center office hours.
Check out our FAQs:Frequently Asked Questions page
Video:How to Complete the Placement Questionnaire
Video:Your Placement Rights