Child Development Center services are available on campus for the children of current Merced College students. The CDC is an infant/toddler/preschool educational program and serves as a laboratory to students majoring in Child Development. We are state licensed and serve children between the ages of 3 months to 5 years.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Hours of Operation
The CDC operates in conjunction with the Merced College Academic Calendar. The CDC does not operate a Summer Program
|Monday-Thursday||7:30 am – 4:30 pm|
|Friday||7:30 am – 2:00 pm|
Our curriculum is based on current early childhood educational theory. We believe that children learn first about themselves and then the world around them. Through self-exploration of their environments, teachers are able to guide children based on their individual interest, learning styles and cultures and encourage positive growth and development. We focus on the individual need of every child, recognizing that each child is unique and learns at their own pace. We provide a developmental program which:
- Nurtures and facilitates growth
- Fosters each child’s sense of self
- Fosters diversity amongst all
- Encourages critical thinking
- Fosters each child’s positive self esteem
The Merced College Child Development Center is designed to provide an environment which encourages the positive growth and development of each child, family, student and staff member. The educational philosophy of all programs associated with the Center is based on the belief that the years of early childhood are the most crucial and all individuals have the right to develop to their fullest potential.
To achieve this goal the Merced College Child Development Center recognizes:
- Each child is unique and learns at his/her own rate according to individual styles.
- The primary way in which a child learns is through play.
- Children go through developmental stages of growth. The Classrooms are designed to help develop the whole child.
- Children can learn skills necessary for success which will develop a positive self image.
Child Development Center
3600 M Street
Merced, CA 95348
Phone: (209) 384-6245
Fax: (209) 386-6630
Michelle A JosephDirector Child Care CenterChild Development Center
Courtney D WestAdministrative Assistant IIChild Development Center
Leslie M MeisterCdc Master TeacherChild Development Center
Cynthia L BenavidezCdc Master TeacherChild Development Center
Chrysta R MartinezCdc Master TeacherChild Development Center