At Merced College students are our focus. The assessment process has been developed with the primary goal of improving teaching and learning through evidence based evaluations of courses and programs.
The Merced College Assessment website provides references and resources to help faculty, staff and the public to participate in the process of probing student success and learning.
These pages allow students, faculty, staff, and the public to view the steps and progress the college is making in increasing institutional effectiveness. This process is a collaborative effort between faculty involved in instruction in the classroom, staff working in student services and in the administration of the college.
Links to each of these areas are provided on the left of this page, along with information about the learning outcome assessment process taking place in courses, programs and at the institutional level.
Resources and Helpful Links
eLumen Training Videos
- How to log into eLumen and vew Course Outlines
- Video on Curriculum Mapping course SLOs to Program SLOs - takes you to YouTube currently
- Video on Completing Program Reviews in eLumen - takes you to YouTube currently
- Changing SLOs in eLumen--THE VIDEO! - takes you to YouTube currently
- Video with instructions for CAT and Dean reviews
Guides to eLumen for the 2018-19 cycle
- Curriculum Mapping in eLumen
- Updating Instructional Program reviews for 2018-19 in eLumen
- CAT guide on reviewing instructional program reviews in eLumen
- Area Dean guide on reviewing instructional program reviews in eLumen
- Rubric for Assessing the quality of instructional program reviews
- Assessment Review Committee ( sign in required)
- Administrative Services
- Student Services
- Instructional Assessment Committee (IPRSLOAC) ( sign in required)
- PROAC Summer 2019 Workshop
For more information about who to contact in your area: