The Merced College Faculty Association (MCFA) is the exclusive representative of faculty employees in matters relating to employment conditions including but not limited to, wages, hours, and other terms and conditions of employment.
As a representative body the purposes of MCFA include:
- Developing group opinion on professional matters to speak with the district and its representatives.
- Providing the opportunity for study and action on problems of the profession.
- Striving to raise the standards for community college education.
- Representing ethnic-minority members.
- Promoting professional attitudes and ethical conduct among members.
- Encouraging cooperation and communication between the profession and the community.
Merced College Faculty Association is affiliated with the National Education Association.
Learn more about our organizational affiliations with the National Education Association, The California Teachers Association, or the California Community College Association:
California Teachers Association, www.cta.org
California Community College Association, www.ccafca.org
Note especially the CCA site which contains information about local upcoming CCA/CTA conferences, and CCA President Ron Reel's monthly newsletter, News From the Front.