What is Canvas?
Merced College classes may use Canvas or Blackboard learning management system to deliver course content and assess your learning.
How to Access Your Online Classes via Canvas
- Access Canvas via this link: https://mccd.instructure.com/. Also, you may access Canvas via the MC Portal.
- Login with your username and password (DO NOT use the @campus.mccd.edu in the username).
I Need Help With Online Classes
Refer to the Online Learning pages for assistance with online casses.
Online Help for Canvas
Example of a typical question asked by students:
How do I upload a file as an assignment submission in Canvas?
Just go to Canvas Guide help pages clicking here and type your question
The Most Asked questions:
1. Why can't I log unto Canvas? I get this message: Failed to log in
If you see this message, please do not worry. The error will dispear the date in which your course starts and you will be able to succesfully access Canvas.
2. How do I attach a Google Doc to my assignment?
Your first step is to set up Canvas to allow your Google Docs account to interact with Canvas. Then, it will be easy and intuitive.
Go to Account, Services, Web Services and add Google Docs (image 1). Then click on Authorize Google Doc Access (image 2). Once you do that, log into Google by choosing the account you want to authorize (image 3). Finally, allow access to instructure.com (image 4). Once you do this, you will be ablet to attach documents.
3. Why is it continually prompting for a Password when I want to take an exam?
Probably it's because you are not using Respondus LockDown browser to take the exam.
Download it here: http://www.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=546334588
This article is for students who are unable to access an exam through LockDown Browser because they are prompted over and over again to enter in a password. There are two scenarios in which this issue arises, a) when the instructor has set a password for the exam, or b) you are using a different browser (like Edge, or Chrome) to access the exam. This article provides two approaches, indicated below, to resolving this issue.
4. How to play a WMV video embedded on a Power Point Presentation using a Mac or a Chromebook.
Please read this document: How to play a WMV video embedded on a Power Point Presentation using a Mac or ChromeBook