LGBTQ on MCC
Merced Community College strive to support our LGBTQ+ family. We also provide a number of resources for our LGBTQ+ community and aspiring allies. Whether you’re looking for something on campus, locally or resources nationally, we provide an extensive resource list covering a number of topics.
Campus LGBTQ Resources
To provide students with services, education, and resources necessary to make responsible, informed choices regarding their physical and mental health and well-being
Student Health Services and Personal Counseling be contacted via the following methods:
- Phone: 209-384-6045
- Email: email@example.com
- 209-384-6054 (Informational)
- 209-386-6600 (Emergency)
Local LGBTQ Resources
Merced LGBTQ+ Alliance
The Merced LGBTQ+ Alliance exists to contribute to and enrich the cultural life and expression of LGBTQ+ persons, their families, friends, and supporters through awareness and education of the diversity and history of the LGBTQ+ community in the Central Valley.
California LGBTQ Health and Human Services Network
The California LGBTQ Health & Human Services Network is an LGBTQ-specific program of Health Access, bringing together more than 60 non-profit providers, community centers, and researchers to advocate collectively for state level policies and resources that will advance LGBTQ health. Founded in 2007, the Network provides coordinated leadership about LGBTQ health policy in a proactive, responsive manner that promotes health and well-being as part of the movement for LGBTQ equality, and ensures that there is a distinct LGBTQ voice in health policy decision-making venues.
Transgender Law Center
PO Box 70976
Oakland, CA 94612-0976
collect line for people in prison and detention: 510.380.8229
- National Hopeline Network Suicide Crisis Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (1- 800-784-2433)
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- Merced County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services Crisis Text Line Valley Crisis Center: 1-800-799-4TTY (Deaf Hotline) (209) 381-6800 (24/7) Text COURAGE to 741741
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault: (209) 722-4357 (24/7)
- DeQH: LGBTQ Helpline for South Asians: 908-367-3374
- GLBT National Hotline: 888-843-4564
- GLBT National Youth Talkline: 800-246-7743
- National Coalition of Anti-Violence Program (English/Spanish): 212-714-1141
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
- Trevor Project: 866-488-7386
Local Health Resources
Plan Parenthood - is one of the nation’s leading providers of high-quality, affordable health care, and the nation’s largest provider of sex education. With or without insurance, you can always come to us for your health care.
- 3166 Collins Dr, Merced, CA 95348
- Call 877-855-7526 for an appointment.
The Clinical Services at Merced County strive to promote, protect and preserve healthy living and safe environments. The Clinical Services include Flu Season, HIV program/Case Management, Immunizations, and Tuberculosis Control.
Resources for Families & Friends
PFLAG-Federation of Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
This foundation provides loving families united with LGBTQ+ people and allies who support one another, and to educate ourselves and our communities to speak up as advocates until all hearts and minds respect, value and affirm LGBTQ people
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) National Help Center
- A College Guide for LGBTQ Students
- QTBIPOC Mental Health and Addiction Recovery Support
- Scholarships for LGBTQ Students
- Trans Equality
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network
- Transgender Law Center
- GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders
- LGBTQ Hispanic & Latinx Mental Health And Addiction Recovery Support