- You can still check out physical items, such as books, CDs, and DVDs, but you need to request them for pick-up. This excludes textbooks on reserve.
- You can request a limited number of chapters from textbooks on reserve to be scanned an emailed to you. You can also request to pick up print copies.
- Books check out for 4 weeks.
- CDs and DVDs check out for 1 week.
- Return items in the outside bookdrop. At the Merced Campus, the bookdrop is a slot in the wall of the library building to the right of the double-doors.
- Check out materials using your Merced College ID.
- Check out out computers, books, CDs, and DVDs at the Check-Out Desk on either floor.
- Check out Microsoft SurfacePros, iPad Minis, and textbooks on the 1st floor.
- Check out Study Rooms on either floor.
|Material||Check-Out Period||Late Fine|
|DVD & CD||1 week||
2 hours; in-library use only
4 hours; in-library use only
|Microsoft SurfacePros & iPad Minis||
|Study Room||2 hours||$1.00/hour|
|Headphones, calculators, dry-erase markers, etc.||4 hours; in-library use only||No fines|
|Periodicals (print magazines, journals, newspapers) & Archives||8 hours; in-library use only||
- You may renew books, DVDs, and CDs once at the Check-Out Desk or online through OneSearch.
- Additional renewals must be done at the Check-Out Desk.
- Renew computers, Microsoft SurfacePros, and iPad Minis at the Check-Out Desk.
- Inside book drops are located in the Check-Out Desk counter in both libraries.
- Outside book drop at the Merced Campus is in the wall to the right of the double entry doors.
- Outside book drop at the Los Banos Campus is in the wall next to the exterior bookstore window.