What are Instructor Reserves?
Instructor Reserves offer temporary assistance while you wait for your textbooks to arrive. Instructor Reserves are textbooks and other course materials that your instructor has put on reserve for students to use in the library for up to two hours at a time with student ID.
Reserves are made possible via donations and student equity funding that varies semester to semester. The library has many but not all course textbooks on reserve.
How Do I Know if the Library Has My Textbook?
- Verify the title and edition of your textbook in your course syllabus / Canvas / College Bookstore listing.
- Search for the book in OneSearch, the library's catalog.
- A quick way to search is to enter the title of the book and click on the magnifying glass.
- If the library has the book, note the call number (not ISBN) and campus library location.
- The call number tells library check out staff where items are physically located in the library.
- In OneSearch, the call number is available in parentheses.
- Bring the call number and your student ID to the Check Out Desk to check out the textbook.