Except for the lobby, the building is closed for regular library services. Computers and study rooms are not available.
More than 70 computer stations are available for currently enrolled Merced College students. The computers are for homework and research use, per Merced College Board Policy 3720. These computer stations provide access to library resources, Microsoft Office, and the Internet. Computer stations check out for up to 4 hours with your student ID.
Students may also check out Microsoft Surface Pros, iPad Minis, and headphones. These may be checked out for up to 4 hours at a time with your student ID and may only be used in the library.
Microfilm reader-printers, VHS / DVD viewers, and CD players are also available for library use only.
Students, staff & faculty are welcome to connect personal devices to the campus wireless network by logging on with Merced College credentials.
Simply open the wireless network settings on your mobile device and look for SSID: "mccd-wifi."
"Joe Student" would log on to the "mccd-wifi" using his Merced College username and password:
- In order to connect to the Wi-Fi, you may need to make sure the following authentication
protocol is set:
1. EAP-PEAP (MSCHAPv2)
2. Do not validate security certificate.
3. The username and the password are the same as your MC Portal (without @campus.mccd.edu)
4. If you are a guest, username: Guestwifi; password: MCCDis#1
- If you are an employee of the district using a district-managed mobile device, please connect to SSID: “mccd-secure.”
- See documentation: Connecting to Merced College Wireless Network with Personal Device (PDF, Sept. 2016)
- For assistance please contact the staff helpdesk at (209) 384-6180 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guests visiting our campuses may connect to "mccd-wifi" using the following credentials:
- For help please contact the student helpdesk at (209) 381-6565 or email@example.com.
Notice about updated wireless network at Merced College (Fall 2016)