You may place textbooks and other materials on reserve in the library for your students
to use for class assignments.
Most textbooks are not available for check-out or for in-library use as only the lobby of the Merced Campus Library is open. Students may request a limited number of scanned chapters from textbooks. These chapters are meant to offer limited support until students are able to purchase or rent required materials. However, if you have a novel you would like to place on reserve, students can check these out for three days. Other circulating materials are still available for check out.
- Textbooks chapters are scanned and emailed to student email; paper copies are available upon request.
- The turnaround process for fulfilling requests is typically between 24-48 hours depending on request load.
- Requests are not filled on weekends, non-instructional days, nor holidays.
- Please provide the Textbook Request Form to your students for textbook chapter requests.
If you have materials you would like to place on Instructor Reserve, please fill out the Instructor Reserve Materials Form and bring it to the front window in the library lobby.
Lobby hours are:
- Monday -Thursday 10am-4pm
- Friday 10am-2pm
There may be limited funding to purchase textbooks. Please contact Circulation Supervisor Jennifer Altenberg at email@example.com to inquire.
For additional questions, contact a faculty librarian at: