Libraries located at both the Merced and Los Banos campuses provide services, materials,
technology, and media in support of Merced College’s Institutional Learning Outcomes.
Library services and resources include:
- Research help for students, staff, and faculty
- Information literacy competency and research instruction
- Access to print materials, online and electronic resources, as well as Wi-Fi, computers, and printing stations
- Spaces for meetings, studying, reading, viewing media, and collaborating on projects
Current Merced College students, staff, and faculty have access to over 85,000 print
books and 150 print versions of newspapers, magazines, and journals. In addition,
the library provides access to over 70 databases to find eBooks and full text articles.
The library has a children’s and young adult fiction collection and a media collection
of CDs and DVDs. Most textbooks are also available for in-library use.
Faculty librarians provide support with all aspects of the research process, including finding, using, and evaluating information. Faculty librarians also teach research skills in the traditional and online learning environment, and create research guides, tutorials, assignments, and activities to support student learning.
Students, staff, and faculty may drop by the library in person or call, chat, text, or email for assistance. Librarians and staff are only available to respond during regular Library hours.
- Call: (209) 384-6083 Merced Library
- Call: (209) 381-6434 Los Banos Library
- Text: (209) 666-3235
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org