STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES
Student Health Services (Merced campus) is excited to announce that we have moved into our new, freshly renovated space! We are located on the south end of the Student Union Building. You may access Student Health by using the sliding glass doors behind the bookstore-look for our signs!
Merced College Student Health Services and Personal Counseling Services are available to students enrolled in the spring 2022 semester, with some changes to our regular processes. Please read the following information regarding how to access the various services available to you on both the Merced and Los Banos Campuses. Please visit our Contact us & Hours page for specific information for each campus.
Please read any informational signage posted on the door prior to entry to Student Health Services.
HEALTH SERVICES-MERCED CAMPUS:
Appointments are strongly encouraged to allow for appropriate spacing of student contacts; however, walk-ins will be accommodated.
HEALTH SERVICES-LOS BANOS CAMPUS:
Please call the Merced Campus at (209) 384-6045 with any questions, or to schedule a Personal Counseling appointment.
PERSONAL COUNSELING-MERCED AND LOS BANOS CAMPUS
Personal Counseling will be provided on a limited basis during the spring 2022 semester via face to face and tele-heath. Students must be enrolled for the spring semester in order to receive services. Please contact Student Health Services to schedule a personal counseling appointment or to obtain information regarding resources available in the community.
STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES AND PERSONAL COUNSELING MAY BE CONTACTED VIA THE FOLLOWING METHODS:
Phone: (209) 384-6045
Live Chat Function (located on the bottom of the SHS webpages)
Email @ email@example.com
In an effort to maintain communication with our students at this time, we are using alternative methods of technology. We will do our best to maintain your confidentiality, but please do not communicate sensitive personal health information via email or chat function. We will follow-up with a phone call to get detailed information.
If you need immediate medical attention, please call your healthcare provider or emergency room for direction. If you have a medical or psychological EMERGENCY, dial 911.
If you have an urgent mental health matter, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255, text "courage" to 741741, or call 911.
To provide students with services, education, and resources
necessary to make responsible, informed choices regarding
their physical and mental health and well-being.
Goals of Student Health Services
- To provide students with basic health and wellness services
- To help students develop a responsibility for their own health
- To increase student awareness of community health care providers
- To offer resource information regarding health interests and concerns
Services Available Include:
- Health Education and Information
- Low-Cost Clinic and Community Resource Information
- Over the Counter Medications
- Pregnancy Testing
- Personal Counseling
- First Aid
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Accident/Injury Insurance (this is a secondary policy for student injuries occurring on campus, at campus sponsored events, or Merced College classes held off-campus. Students must report injuries which occur during class or Merced College sponsored activities to their instructor or supervising entity; other campus related injuries are to be reported to Campus Police or Student Health Services.