Allergy and Asthma
- The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology - conditions and treatments
- A variety of information about Asthma and All Types of Allergies - Information, resources, online support groups
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool by Centers for Disease Control - The purpose of the Coronavirus Self-Checker is to help you make decisions about seeking appropriate medical care. This system is not intended for the diagnosis or treatment of disease or other conditions, including COVID-19.
- Merced County Department of Public Health COVID-19 Information and Updates
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
Drugs & Alcohol
- Alcohol Rehab Guide - Information on the signs of alcohol addiction, the effects, and the support options for those involved.
- Alcoholics Anonymous - Alcoholics Anonymous® is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. Information regarding AA, as well as links to local meetings is available
- Merced College Drug & Alcohol Free Campus - Merced College Drug and Alcohol Free Campus statement, policy and procedure
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration(SAMHSA) National Recovery Month - Promotes the benefits of treatment for substance use and mental disorders, celebrates people in recovery, highlights the contributions of treatment providers, and promotes the messages that recovery in all forms is possible
Merced College does not endorse any particular third-party insurance option; we list examples of how you can use the web to shop for health insurance.
- Covered California - Health insurance plans for individuals and families. Financial assistance is available on a sliding scale, with more support for those who earn less. Covered California will help you determine if you qualify for these types of assistance programs. Health Insurance for Students
- Smile California - Medi-Cal Dental Program
- American Heart Association - Heart Attack and Stroke Symptoms
- The Alex Project - crisis text line
- Anxiety Reduction Resources
- CalHOPE or call (833) 317-4673 - offers crisis counseling after a federal declaration of emergency, and offers resources and information to help people find their way during these difficult times.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance | Support Groups Central
- Mental Health Apps (pdf)
- Merced College Personal Counseling Information - personal counseling services for enrolled Merced College students
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) - the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness
- The National Mental Health Association - online screening, finding a provider or support group, paying for treatment
- Merced County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services - mental health and substance recovery services; 24 hour crisis line. Mental Health Crisis line-(209) 381-6800 (24 hours)
- notOK app
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics - Information and activities regarding nutrition, healthy weight, diseases, allergies and health conditions
- Merced College Basic Needs Program/Food Pantry - basic needs services and resources linking students to on- and off-campus housing, food, mental health, and other basic needs.
- Merced County Food Bank - emergency food pantries; community food distribution.
- Nutrition.gov - dietary guidelines, nutrition assistance programs, food safety, calorie and nutrition content of foods
- US Dept of Agriculture ChooseMyPlate.gov - food groups, tips and resources, interactive tools, and print materials
- Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC) - serves to safeguard the health of low-income pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutritional risk; provides nutritious foods to supplement diets; information on healthy eating, including breastfeeding promotion and support; and referrals to health care
Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence Awareness Information & Resources
- "loveisrespect" - a resource to engage, educate and empower youth and young adults to prevent and end abusive relationships.
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) - provides domestic violence and sexual assault services, including a 24 hour hotline, crisis response and advocacy, emergency shelter, legal advocacy, counseling, support groups, and community education
- Valley Crisis Center Crisis Line - (209)722-4357 (24 hours a day)
Sexuality / Reproductive Care/Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI's)
- California West Nile Virus Website - FAQ's, active cases, and reporting procedures
- Centers for Disease Control-Extreme Heat & Heat Related Illness-prevention, signs & symptoms, treatment
Tobacco Use, Prevention, Effects of Use, Quit Information & Resources
- Veterans Certifying Official
- Computers and Printing Services
- Lending Library (Borrow Books)
- Veterans Education Counselors
- Veteran Peer Guides (English & Math)
- Networking Opportunities
- This is a free health and wellness resource created especially for California Community College students. This resource is here for you to access in your space at your pace!