Do I Qualify for EOPS?
Please use the guidelines below to assist you in qualifying for EOPS participation. Not sure? Please contact our dedicated staff and counselors with all of your education questions today!
To Qualify for EOPS you must:
- Be a California resident
- Dream Act/AB540 students also qualify
- Be enrolled in 9 units or more for the Spring 2021 semester
- Exception: NextUp eligible Foster Youth (9 units or more )
- Not have completed more than 70 units of degree applicable college level course work
- Not have received a degree or certificate
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov or
the California Dream Act Application at www.dream.csac.ca.gov
- You must apply for Financial Aid before applying for EOPS
- Qualify for the
- California College Promise Grant (Check with an EOPS staff member for your specific status.)
- Be educationally disadvantaged by satisfying one of the following criteria:
- Not a high school graduate
- Not eligible for college level English or math unit classes
- High school GPA less than 2.5 on a 4.0 point scale
- Be a first generation college student
- For other factors, check with an EOPS staff member
EOPS students are required to maintain satisfactory progress as outlined in their Student Agreement contract.
As an EOPS student you may also qualify for CARE.
How to Apply
- You will first need to Apply to Merced College by completing:
- The online application
- Placement Questionnaire
- Merced College Online Orientation
- Visit https://www.mccd.edu/getstarted/apply.html to complete all of the above
- You must be classified as California resident or AB540 eligible. More information.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov or the California Dream Act Application at www.dream.csac.ca.gov . You may go to the Financial Aid FAFSA Lab, located in Lesher room 326, for assistance with either application.
- Enroll in 9 units or more (Unit requirement has been changed due to COVID restrictions
currently in place)
- NextUp enroll in 9 units or more
- If you attended any other college you submit official transcripts to the Merced College Admissions & Records Office.
- Complete, electronically sign, and submit your EOPS Application. (Not compatible with Google Chrome)
- You must save your completed application and email it to email@example.com
- You must use your Merced College student email account to submit your application.
- It may take up to two weeks for an EOPS staff to process your application and verify eligibility
NOTE: Beginning November 2nd EOPS applications for Spring 2021 will be accepted!
Thank you for your interest.