The 2020 Fall application window is open August 31 through Oct 23, 2020.
We are accepting applications for graduation from Merced College for the Fall 2020 term. Students who are completing their degrees or certificates at the end of the Fall 2020 term should apply.
DSPS Accommodations: If you are receiving accommodations from the Disabled Students Program & Services (DSPS) at Merced College, please contact the department at (209) 384-6155 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your Graduation Application appointment with a DSPS Counselor.
How do I know if I should apply for graduation?
- AA/AS Transfer Degree requires satisfactory completion of 60 degree applicable units, a degree applicable GPA of 2.0 or better, meet the Reading, Writing or Math competency requirements, and completion of the 12 units Residency requirement at Merced College.
- AAT/AST Associates Degree requires satisfactory completion of 60 transferrable units, which includes the completion of either the CSU-GE or IGETC breadth requirement, a transferrable GPA of 2.0 or better, and completion of the 12 units Residency requirement at Merced College
- Certificate of Achievement requires satisfactory completion of required courses for the certificate, a degree applicable GPA of 2.0 or better and at least 12 units completed at Merced College
- Certificate of Proficiency requires satisfactory completion of required courses for the certificate and an overall GPA of 2.0 in these courses. This certificate has no 12 units in residency requirement.
If you are unsure if you should apply, please make an appointment to see your counselor to discuss your progress towards graduation at email@example.com or 209-381-6478 Merced or 209-826-3495 Los Banos.
How to apply for graduation
Step 1. Fill out page 1 of the graduation application for each degree or certificate you are applying for. Normally this is the program you have planned in your student education plan. If you are unsure about which program to apply for discuss this with your counselor. Email or call for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 209-381-6478 Merced or 209-826-3495 Los Banos.
- AAT/ AST Transfer degree application (pdf)
- AA/AS Associates degree application (pdf)
- Certificate of Achievement or Proficiency application (pdf)
- Major code List (pdf)
Step 2. When you have completed page 1, save your application as a PDF with the document title "Grad Appl -lastname.firstname.student ID"... Example: Grad Appl -Smith, Joe 01234567) and email it to email@example.com with a request to make an appointment to review your application with a counselor.
*It is recommended that you use your Merced College student email to submit this form.
After your graduation application counseling appointment your counselor will complete the application and submit it for verification by Admissions. You will receive notifications of the status of your application in your Merced College student email account from a Merced College Evaluator. These notifications will tell you if your application is approved, pending coursework or other documentation, etc. Be sure to check there periodically for that information.
We are excited for you and all you have accomplished at Merced College. Please contact us for further questions.
- Email: A&Rfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- LiveChat with Admissions: http://www.mccd.edu/resources/admissions-records/index.html
- Live Chat with Counseling: http://www.mccd.edu/resources/counseling/index.html