Tips for Self-care During Covid-19
During times of change and uncertainty it is ever more important to incorporate self-care and structure into your schedule. And while your typical self-care routine may no longer be available, there are ways to stay healthy and remain connected. Every day take a moment (or more) to take care of yourself.
Tips for Self-care (pdf)
Stay Healthy and Prevent the Spread of Illness
- Staying home if you are sick
- Remain at home until fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
- Seek immediate medical care if symptoms become more severe (e.g., high fever or difficulty breathing.)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, eyes
- Wash hand frequently with soap and water
- Cover your cough and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects (i.e., phones, computers)
Know the Facts. Stop the Rumors.
Know the facts about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and help stop the spread of rumors. Discrimination based on race or ethnicity only makes it harder to keep everyone healthy. While COVID-19 may have started in China, having Chinese or Asian ancestry – or any other ancestry – does not make a person more vulnerable to or a cause of this illness. COVID-19 doesn't recognize race or ethnicity.
Visit the Student Health Services webpages for links to additional resources.