Distance Education Instructor Certification Form
If you would like to teach online at Merced College, please download the Instructor Certification Form, then hit the SUBMIT button to send in electronically.
Instructors Approved to Teach Online Classes at Merced College
Click on Area to view list of approved instructors:
- Area 1- Math, Science, & Engineering
- Area 2- English & Humanities
- Area 3- Career Technical Education
- Area 4- Allied Health, Business, & Public Safety
- Area 5- Social Sciences, Fine Arts, & Child Dev.
- Student Services - Guidance
- Student Equity & Success, and Basic Skills
Online Classes at Merced College
Students in online classes are required to "attend" class and participate just as if they were in a face-to-face course. This means that instructors need to set up guidelines for how much each lecture, reading assignment, discussion or project qualifies as a meeting during the course of a week/learning unit/course module.
- Online Classes are 100% online. Face-to-face interaction with the instructor is not required.
- Hybrid Classes have some combination of online and face-to-face instruction. Some courses may only require one face-to-face session, while others may require numerous in-class sessions.
- Web Enhanced Classes are regular classes held on campus, but some assignments and/or components of the
class are online.
Merced College is Switching from Blackboard to CANVAS!
By Fall 2018, all online classes at Merced College will be taught using the CANVAS Learning Management System (LMS). Canvas is available to instructors of online and face-to-face classes. Canvas offers great tools for building curriculum, planning assignments, and keeping track of grades.