Creating an Accessibility Framework
Merced College is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible higher education experience for persons of all abilities. This committment includes the implementation of accessibility practices via a framework to identify and explore areas of concern, develop campus awareness, and assist the College in designing and adopting exemplary practices and policies that foster an equitable campus environment.
About the Accessibility Task Force
Merced College has put together a task force for the 2020-21, 2021-22 academic years to proactively review processes to ensure our services are equitable and accessible to people with all abilities.
The Task force is responsible for overseeing the progress of the District as it works through the framework to meet objectives and tasks.
- Accessibility Framework Goals & Objectives (pdf)
- Accessibility Framework Smartsheet ( Login required)
The following policies can be accessed on BoardDocs:
- AP #3725 - Information and Communications Technology Accessibility and Acceptable Use
- BP #3725 - Information and Communications Technology Accessibility and Acceptable Use
- AP #6365 - Contracts - Accessibility of Information Technology
If you experience a barrier that affects your ability to access campus services, please contact us.
- California Community Colleges Accessibility Center
- Final Rule on the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Final Standards and Guidelines
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Acto fo 1973 on Section508.gov
- WebAIM's Section 508 Checklist
- WebAIM's WCAG 2's Checklist
- Accessibility Oz Accessibility Factsheets