Your Financial Aid File
An advisor reviews your financial aid paperwork including your Merced
College transcript. Your advisor then determines if:
- All information is accurate and you are “packaged” and
subsequently an award letter will be available on
- More information is needed and you are advised in person or by
letter of what information is needed.
- Corrections must be made and our office will make them electronically.
- You are not eligible because of grades or you have attempted more
than 150% of the required units for completion of your academic program at Merced
College (satisfactory academic progress) and disqualified for
financial aid. You will be advised of your options.
- You are not eligible for other reasons and again you will be notified.
You should read your award letter carefully and pay
attention to the terms of the offer. The award amounts are based on full-time
enrollment so, if you are enrolled in less than 12 units, your award amount
will differ from the amount stated in the letter.
Please refer to the Financial Aid Schedule of Disbursements web page.