- Through individualized testing, placement, advising and challenging instruction, the
MCELI staff work in harmony to improve language skills and communication abilities.
- The principal components of the MCELI curriculum include listening/speaking, grammar,
reading/vocabulary and writing skills. The standard length of a term at MCELI is 15~16
weeks, with sessions usually starting in January, May and August. Customized plans
are also possible.
- The 18 hours per week of classroom instruction, designed to improve a student's TOEFL
proficiency, include topics such as Oral Communication, Pronunciation, Comprehension,
Reading, Writing and Language Structure. Class assignments will be designed by MCELI
instructors according to the student's abilities. Taking the TOEFL exam is also available,
at an additional charge, for those students who wish to eventually matriculate into
an American college or university.
- Individual classes at MCELI have been designed to assist the student to pass the TOEFL
exam and to succeed at written exams typical of American colleges and universities.
Additionally, emphasis is placed on developing the various skills needed to be fully
successful in college level classes.
- Instructional materials and methods have been designed to create a smooth transition from the pre-college setting of MCELI into the college classroom. Classes are small and intensive.