Do I Qualify for EOPS?
Please use the guidelines below to assist you in qualifying for EOPS participation. Not sure? Please contact our dedicated staff and counselors with all of your education questions today!
To Qualify for EOPS you must:
- Be a California resident
- Dream Act/AB540 students also qualify
- Be enrolled full-time (12 units or more)
- Not have completed more than 45 units of degree applicable college level course work
- Not have received a degree or certificate
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov or the California Dream Act Application at www.dream.csac.ca.gov
- Qualify for the
- California College Promise Grant (Check with an EOPS staff member for your specific status.)
- Be educationally disadvantaged by satisfying one of the following criteria:
- Not a high school graduate
- Not eligible for college level English or math classes
- High school GPA less than 2.5 on a 4.0 point scale
- For other factors, check with an EOPS staff member.
- Apply for Financial aid before applying for EOPS
EOPS students are required to maintain satisfactory progress as outlined in their Student Agreement contract.
As an EOPS student you may also qualify for CARE.
How to Apply
- Apply to Merced College by completing Step 1 (Apply Online) and Step 2 (Complete Online Orientation).
- You must be classified as California resident or AB540 eligible. More information.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
or the California Dream Act Application at www.dream.csac.ca.gov . You may go to
the Financial Aid FAFSA Lab, located in Lesher room 326, for assistance with either application.
- Complete the Merced College Assessment Test.
- Go the Merced College EOPS office with your Merced College Student ID and bring a
- Other college official transcripts (Official transcripts must be turned in to the Merced College Admissions Office)
- Copy of Assessment Test results
- You may complete a Merced College EOPS Application (pdf) and submit it to the Merced College EOPS Office along with all other required documents
NOTE: EOPS will be accepting SPRING 2018 EOPS applications until January 19, 2018. Please continue to visit the Merced College EOPS web site for information regarding EOPS applications for Spring 2018!
Thank you for your participation.