Quick Start Guide for Fall 2020: First-time Students
- 16 unit plan for first-time students, without support classes (pdf)
- 15 unit plan for first-time students, with support classes needed (pdf)
Commitment that pays off ... 15 to Finish
Merced College wants to help you stay on track. Register for at least 15 units each semester and graduate sooner.
Taking 15 units a semester has benefits:
- Better academic outcomes
- Earlier graduation
- Earlier entry into your career
How to 15 to Finish
1. Plan for it
Talk to a counselor if you have any questions.
2. Schedule it
- Register for 15 units x 4 semesters
- 12 units x 4 semesters plus 6 units/semester for 2 summers
3. Commit to it
Get to know your professors, use good time management, schedule your study time, and talk to a Merced College counselor for help.