Submitting Official Transcripts

Official sealed transcripts from other schools may be submitted in an official, sealed envelope from the other institution.  We accept official transcripts from the following  Regional Institutional Accrediting Organizations:

Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education; Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities; North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Higher Learning Commission; North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement;New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., Commission on Institutions of Higher Education/Technical and Career Institutions; Southern Association of Colleges and School, Commission on Colleges; Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges/Senior Colleges and Universities

Submit by mail or in person to:

ATTN:  Admissions & Records
Merced College
3600 M Street
Merced, CA 95348

We also accept official electronic transcripts from Credential Solutions, Scrip-Safe, National Student Clearing House, and Parchment.  Please have electronic transcripts sent from the service provider directly to the Registrar, Sherry Elms, at

Only lower division credit will be accepted provided the institution offering the courses accepts them towards its own degree.  Institutions must be listed as being fully accredited by one of the regional institutional accrediting organizations that are recognized by the United States Department of Education.  Transcripts submitted to Merced College become the property of Merced College and cannot be returned or forwarded to another institution.

 Submitting Official International Transcripts

Merced College does not evaluate international transcripts until they are evaluated by a recognized evaluation service recommended by the Merced College records Office (ERES-Educational Records Evaluation Service).  The Evaluations Office will only consider lower division courses recommended by the service.  The request forms for these companies can be picked up in the Evaluations Office.  The cost of the evaluation is the responsibility of the student.