Q: How do I submit my request form using Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Comcast, MCCD Staff Email, or any other email service which I access via the internet using my web browser.
A: Follow these instructions:
- First go to Submit a Request page to download and fill out the request form with all your information.
- Next, save the form to your desktop or pen drive or another location you will remember.
- Now in your web browser open up and log into your email account. Create a NEW email message and attach the Request Form you just saved to the email along with your file if you are sending the file electronically. If your file is hard copy originals you still must attach the Request Form and email it to Print_Services@mccd.edu in order for the job and billing to be processed.
Q: I have a Mac computer and the Request Form does work correctly -- the drop down boxes will not work. What's Wrong?
A: The Mac computer come with a program called Preview which is the default viewer for PDF files. Please download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader which is FREE. Go to http://get.adobe.com/reader/ to get the reader. The install program will load the reader plugin for the Safari or FireFox browsers or both. The Request Form will now perform correctly once you restart your browser. You can use the MAIL program on the Mac to submit your request form along with your files to be printed. You can also use the web and your staff email as above.
Q: I am using the latest version of the Firefox browser on a PC and I cannot access the form fields to complete the form.
A: Apparently the latest version of the Firefox is not using the Adobe Reader plugin which is needed to enable the form action coding in our Print Services form. You should see a Warning Message at the top of the window when the form loads like this:
Do the following:
- Click the "Open With Different Viewer" button.
- Click the radio button for "Open with" and select "Other" from the dropdown, then click "OK".
- Now select Adobe Reader and click "OK" Note: If you do not have Adobe Reader, you
can download it free from Adobe usingthe link on the previous page
- The form will now open and operate normally in the Adobe Reader.
Our advice is to use Internet Explorer to access Print Services Request forms in order to avoid these extra steps.