In this issue– Merced College takes an intimate approach to improving student success. As well as, a look at the inaugural Blue Devil Blitz campaign. Plus, hear from alumn John Chavez Jr., Mayor of Chowchilla.
In this issue– Title IX turns 50 and we celebrate the amazing impact it's had for female athletes.
You'll also read about our Classified staff partnering to execute the Merced College
Mission. Plus, hear from Our Alumna Christie Bryant and her life's work.
In this issue– Read about members of our Merced College Family who are becoming graduates with
the Class of 2022. You'll also hear from current and former foster care students in the Merced College NextUp program and how
their guides turn themselves inside out to offer help. Plus, the new CEO of Boys and
Girls Club uses her professional and life experience to uplift county youth.
In this issue– Merced College shows how we are seeking to innovation online learning. Plus, how
the Relaunch program aims to jump start, boost careers for adult students. As well
as, an Instructor, Ph.D. student shows how education can benefit former inmates and
In this issue– Merced College recognizes some of the amazing women leading our institution and community.
In this issue– Merced College kicks off new Umoja program to better serve black students and others. Plus, a new equity 'hub' a space for all students. Then, meet Taylor Brown, an aspiring politician here at our MC.
In this issue– bringing in the new year with new truck driver training. As well as,
a look into our student food pantry. Plus, our own Merced College alumnus and veteran.
In this issue– Merced College alumni show us what it means to be a blue devil. This special issue features a few of our notable alumni, including: Chef Vinnie DeAngelo, the Rojas brothers,
and Sergeant Luis Lara.
In this issue– Merced College highlights the LRC after its building remodel. As well as, a look
at the new revolutionized dissection tables. Plus, an Merced alumnus whose military
experience led to meaningful career.
In this issue– Merced College kicking off both men’s and women’s soccer programs to
compete in the California Community Colleges Athletics Association. Plus, an insight
on three of our students who did NASA internships over the summer.
About The Blue Devil's Advocate
The Blue Devil's Advocate is a digital magazine highlighting Merced College employees, students and happenings on campus. For inquiries or to contribute news stories, contact the Office of External Relations at email@example.com.
2022 CCPRO Silver
The Blue Devil's Advocate is recognized as the second place winner in the category of Digital Magazines for 2022 CCPRO awards.
2020 CASE Bronze
The Blue Devil's Advocate is recognized as the 2020 Bronze Winner in the category of Digital Magazines for CASE District VII.
Archive of Issues
View past issues of The Blue Devil's Advocate
- August 2021 (pdf) - In this issue– We are excited to see the students back for a fresh start on a revamped campus. As well as a look at how our employee giving program is meeting our students needs. Plus, Blue Devil alumni driving new paramedic program.
- June 2021 (pdf) - In this issue– We highlight how dual enrollment can give high schoolers a jump start. Plus, we give some insight into our Ag and Industrial Tech Complex that marks a pivotal next chapter in the schools history.
- May 2021 (pdf) - In this issue–We celebrate and recognize Asian American and Pacific Islanders Month and learn about our international students. Plus, we revel in the return of graduation ceremonies.
- April 2021 (pdf) - In this issue - Baseball returns, we learn about all the changes that have been happening on campus, and an alumna helps others find their value. Plus, meet Louis Foy and learn about his new role.
- March 2021 (pdf) - In this issue - Los Banos Learning Community demystifies higher ed for first-year students, MC alumnus found academic home on Los Banos campus, Jessica Moran Instructional Dean for Area 9. Acting Dean, Los Banos Campus, Stepping up for the Merced community.
- February 2021 (pdf) - In this issue - Merced College childhood development professor earns fellowship, Merced College Child Development Center is port in pandemic storm, and Merced College grad anchors first feature film in Merced County.
- December 2020 (pdf) - In this issue - 2020 Pandemic hits Merced College, College Board of Trustees president Ernie Ochoa named man of the year, and alumna Bree Migliazzo on surviving a pandemic as a small business. Plus, meet new employee Francisco Tostado.
- November 2020 (pdf) - In this issue - Donor Susie Downey gifts $1-million to Merced College, Allison family pipeline to Merced College, and alumna Stephanie Dietz grabs hold of new position. Plus, meet new employee Dean Caivano..
- October 2020 (pdf) - In this issue - Merced College's Police Department assists with Creek fire, Medical Assistant program debuts in Los Banos, and Automotive Technology program is full speed ahead. Plus, meet new employee Rebecca Abarca..
- September 2020 (pdf) - In this issue - Merced College introduces the Well-Being Institute, laptop loaner program removes obstacles to student learning, alumnus and doctor Joseph Trujillo on returning to Merced. Plus, meet new employee Marvin Patton.
- Agust 2020 (pdf) - In this issue - Merced College executes Virtual Extreme Registration successfully, ahtletics powers ahead, alumnus and POST cadet earns top honors. Plus, meet new employee Marcus Metcalf.
- July 2020 (pdf) - In this special issue - Many Merced College alumni get their start here and leave our institution ready to take on the world. This special issue features a few of our notable alumni, including: Assemblymember Adam Gray, Associate Vice President Jill Cunningham, transfer student Jacob Fernandez, and local dentist Zachary McComb. Plus, meet new employee Krystal Pollinger.
- May 2020: COVID-19 Issue (pdf) - In this special issue - Merced College meets incredible milestones in light of COVID-19, including: Executing registration for Summer & Fall 2020, pivoting to online Chemistry class instruction, celebrating student JC Aguirre's can-do attitude, keeping the campus safe and facilities operational, continuing to provide tutoring and support online, excelling in special programs to support students, and more.
- February 2020 (pdf) - Merced College looks forward to growth, students graduate Construction Boot Camp, author Omar El Akkad visits incarcerated students, Blue Devil soccer is off to a good start, welcome new employee Karissa Morehouse, and more.
- December/January 2020 (pdf) - President Vitelli's end-of-year reflection, opening doors with the Adult Education & Noncredit Program, VP Kelly Fowler recognized with 2019 Carter Doran Leadership Award, student Chris Munoz excels in academics and athletics, welcome new employee Rachel Gray, and more.
- November 2019 (pdf) - Merced College celebrates flag raising, community attends campus forum with local elected officials, student Alvin Collier shares NASA experience, welcome new employee Murrell Green, and more.
- October 2019 (pdf) - Merced College joins forces with Greenbrier Hemp Research Institute, grant aims to create more online classes, student and employee Isaac Mock on reaching your goals, welcome faculty Emily Reed, and more.
- September 2019 (pdf) - Chancellor Oakley visits Merced College, student Angelica Walker goes to NASA, the SSTC offers academic support under one roof, and more.
- August 2019 (pdf) - Improving the entryway to our campus, our Prison Education Program grows tenfold, alumni Sugi Williams finds his career path at Merced College, and more.
Merced College's previous campus newsletter was called The Campus Digest. Past issues can be viewed below.