The health and wellbeing of our students and employees are a top priority, and Merced College recognizes the importance of a proactive response. This webpage provides information and resources to keep our community updated on the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
- Monday, March 23 – Friday, May 22, 2020: Spring classes will be delivered remotely; Student Support Services are available online.
- Monday, May 26, 2020: 4-week summer classes begin; Summer classes will be delivered online.
- Monday, June 22, 2020: 6-week and 7-week summer classes begin; Summer classes will be delivered online.
- Monday, August 17, 2020: Fall semester begins; Fall classes will be regularly-scheduled with both on-campus and online options.
Merced College facilities closed until further notification. Learn more:
- For Employees: Information regarding closure for employees with FAQs
- For Students: Information regarding closure for students with FAQs
Guidance and Updates
- California Department of Public Health, Higher Education Guidance on Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 (03/07/20)
- California Department of Public Health, News Releases and Daily Updates on COVID-19 (Updated daily)
- California Department of Public Health Guidance for Higher Education (03/07/20)
- Cal/OSHA Interim Guidance (03/07/20)
- California Department of Public Health, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevent, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Merced County Department of Public Health, Learn More About Coronavirus
- Event cancellations due to COVID-19.
- CDC travel health notices
- State Department or specific country advisories
- International travel guidance issued by the Department of State
Press and Other Communications
During this time, all external requests from the community and/or media will be centralized through the Office of External Relations. Please refer such requests for more information to the District website and/or Jill Cunningham, Associate Vice President of External Relations.