Microsoft Internet Explorer SP2 built-in Popup Blocker
- When you visit a website that brings out the popup window
such as www.cnn.com, you will be notified
by the following dialog box.
- Click “OK”. You can see the information bar (shown below)
indicating that Internet Explorer blocked a pop-up window.
- Click the information bar and then, you will be prompted
to the following menu.
- You can temporarily allow the blocked popup by selecting
“Temporarily Allow Pop-ups” menu item. You will see the information bar
indicating the blocked popup window is temporarily allowed.
You can allow all the popup windows coming from this site by selecting
“Always Allow Pop-ups from This Site…” menu item. You will be prompted to
confirm your choice.
- If you want to manually add or remove the sites you want
to allow the popup windows, select “Tools” -> “Pop-up Block” -> “Pop-up
- You can manually add new sites or remove old sites by
clicking “Add”, “Remove” and “Remove All” buttons. For example, you can use
asterisk (*) to include all sub-sites within Cal State L.A. like