The College logo must not be redrawn or modified in any way. Decorating, representing in perspective, outlining or using for frivolous decorative purposes is not permissible.
- Use the primary logo whenever possible. The primary logo is stacked and in full-color.
- When the primary logo will not fit because of size contraints, the secondary logo may be used. The secondary log is horizontal and in full-color.
- Use the reversed logo on sufficiently dark backgrounds to improve readability.
- Maintain clear space around the logo equal to the height of the "C" in the word "College."
- For readability, the minimum size of the word "College" in the logo cannot be less than 8 point type or the word "Merced" cannot be less than 150 pixels width for web/video platforms.
Primary logo - stacked
Secondary logo - hortizontal
Inverse logo - sufficiently dark background
Readable logo placed on photograph
(not to scale)
Maintain clear space around logo equal to height of the "C" in the word "College"
Maintain minimum sizes: 8 point type or no less than 150 pixels width
- Use the reversed logo on low-contrast background.
- Confuse readabilty of the logo with poor placement over a photograph or busy background with similar colors or hues.
- Change the configuration of the tree and type
- Change the size relationship between the tree and type
Improper inverse logo - background is not sufficiently dark
Poor placement of logo over photograph - readabiliy is compromised
Change the configuration of the tree and type
Change the size relationship between the tree and the type
Skew or slant
Use other colors
Squeeze or condense
Mix up colors
Rotate or tilt
Thank you for not modifying the logo with drop shadows, patterns, different colors
or rhinestones. If you have a need for a different configuration, please contact Public
Information at firstname.lastname@example.org.