Merced College's Physical Education
courses meet the five health-related components of physical fitness
which include aerobic or cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength,
muscular endurance, flexibility, and body composition. These classes are
designed to encourage a life long fitness plan for the student.
Courses offered and instructors:
- PHED-10A- Aerobics (Aerobic Dance,
Yoga, Pilates, Aikido-Self Defense) - Instructors: Linda Welter, Rebecca
Serna, Shelley Duncan, Stefanie Botsford, Connie Arthur, and Ofelia
- PHED-10B- Aerobic Circuit Training - Various Staff
- PHED-10C- Circuit Weight Training - Various Staff
- PHED-10D- Weight Training - Various Staff
- PHED-10E- Fitness Through Activity
(Fencing, Kickboxing, Rock Climbing, Backpacking, Basketball, Chinese
Martial Arts) - Instructors: Fred Friedland, Steve Clark, Allen
Huddleston, Ofelia Cruz, and Glen Abrescy.
- PHED-10F- Flexibility and
Cardiovascular Fitness: Dr. Roger Imbrogno
- PHED-10H- Walking for Cardiovascular Conditioning
and Flexibility: Bill Halpin
For more information, please refer to our catalog.
Instructors can be reached through the Life Fitness &
Health Division Office at (209) 384-6021.