For students interested in applying to the Vocational Nursing (LVN) program, follow these steps:
Read entire Vocational Nursing Application Handbook, CAREFULLY. Old or outdated applications/forms will NOT be accepted! Applications are revised periodically and have a "revised [Month, YEAR]" footer.
Request two official sealed transcripts to be sent to you directly. *To be official, transcripts must remain sealed in the original envelope. It is the applicants responsibility to obtain a copy of past college catalogs or course descriptions, to assist in the establishment of equivalencies.
*Submit ONE official set of transcripts to Merced College,
Attn: Admissions & Records/Evaluations Dept. MS #13, 3600 M St., Merced, CA 95348
at least one month prior to application. The other official set must
be submitted with your application to the Allied Health Division.
Transcripts should include:
1. College Transcripts from all schools other than Merced College
2. Foreign-born students with college transcripts outside the U.S. will need to have them evaluated for U.S. equivalency. Foreign student transcripts must be officially evaluated by ONE of the following agencies:
International Education Research Foundation, Inc. (IERF)
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
Educational Records Evaluation Service
601 University Ave., Suite 127
Sacramento, CA 95825-6738
Toll Free – 866-411-3737
Email – email@example.com
Contact the Admissions & Records Office, for information regarding foreign transcript evaluation services.
Make an appointment to see an Allied Health Counselor at 209-381-6478, and bring with you the following if applicable:
1. LVN Application Handbook
2. One sealed official transcript
3. A copy of your High school Diploma, or High school transcript or GED, or equivalent
4. Other college catalogs, course descriptions, transcripts (credits for program)
5. Foreign transcripts - Formal Evaluation
6. Military Credits
* To ensure that courses are equivalent to those offered by Merced College, a counselor must complete Prerequisite Course Equivalency form (pg. 10).
When requirements have been met, prepare a COMPLETED application packet containing:
1. Check-Off Sheet
2. Program Application
3. Merced College Student I.D. Number
4. A copy of a high school diploma or high school transcript or GED or AA/AS degree or higher
5. Prerequisite Course Equivalency Form
6. Unofficial transcript from Merced College - Transcript must be printed from the Admissions & Records Office (if applicable)
7. Official transcript(s) from other colleges/universities - (if applicable)
8. Transcript Request Form
9. Program Waiting List/Status Report
10. A self addressed stamped envelope
After you have met with an Allied Health Counselor (if applicable), prepare and submit a COMPLETED application to the Allied Health Division OFfice (room 126) . Mailed applications will not be accepted. Application forms are contained in the back of the Program's Application handbook (link above).
Refer to the Vocational Nursing Application Handbook for the most up-to-date information and other important details not mentioned on this webpage.