Attention: Unfortunatley, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we cannot secure sufficient clinical setting slots to schedule this course at this time. We hope that things will improve for spring 2021. Continue to look at this site for updates.
You may also explore Option 2 (see below). If you choose this option, we cannot recommend sites for you. You'll be making these arrangements for yourself. IMPORTANT, DO NOT let anyone mistake you for a student who is currently enrolled in the DRT Program or in RADT-50. Be honest about that and be prepared to show facility personnel the DRT Program Application Handbook, especially the Verification Form (pg. 23) you need filled out to turn in with your application. Thank you for your understanding.
RADT-50 Career Exploration in Medical Imaging
Students have two (2) options to complete career exploration experience:
- Option 1: Successful completion of the 1 unit course RADT-50 (Career Exploration in Medical Imaging)
- Option 2: Career Exploration Verification Form can be completed by a supervisor if student has completed 54 hours of *direct exeperience. The form is contained within the Information & Application handbook (see pages 12 & 23).
Orientation Meeting & Registration Information
- Orientation meeting schedule and registration information: TBA
- Only students who have registered for RADT-50 may attend orienation; NO Exceptions.
- Clinical placement will be assigned during the mandatory orientation.
* What qualifies as direct experience?
- Direct experience includes any activity that requires direct care, handling or transporting of radiology patients. Experience in ancillary imaging modalities such as Sonography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, or Cardiac Cath also meets this criteria.
- Experience in supportive functions such as clerical or housekeeping duties in a radiology department DO NOT meet this criteria.